FONDATION DIANE was launched in May 2015 by Diana Fadel to encourage, spread awareness and invest in civic awareness and sustainable development in Lebanon, through various actions carried out via three main axes:
- VIRIDIS Investment Fund (VIF), a “green” investment fund that offers operational and financial support exclusively to startups and SMEs projects with the intention of generating a measurable environmental impact in parallel with financial performance.
- A Chaire (hosted at USJ university) for Eco-Citizenship and Sustainable Development education.
- Citizen Cafés, events to promote, exchange and debate around key environmental issues and citizenship.
MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE FRAMEWORK OF VIRIDIS:
- Identification and investment in profitable projects, with an environmental impact, followed by these projects until the disinvestment phase.
- Identification of investment targets; opportunistic strategy, both in terms of company size (young start-ups and more mature companies) and unit investment amounts, as well as targeted sectors. Development of a network of business introducers to develop the deal-flow.
- In-depth analysis of these investment opportunities, in order to select the most eligible for VIRIDIS, both for their “green” dimension and for the quality and potential for success of the project, preparation of pre-selected files and participation in the investment selection process in the framework of the VIRIDIS Investment Committee.
- Negotiation of the valuation, the adapter assembly, and the legal documentation, with the team carrying the project and finalization of the investment (link with lawyers and accountants, development and validation of the term sheets, the signature of the investment contracts/acquisition of participation ).
- Close monitoring of investments over the investment period, usually 5 years: participation in strategic decisions, implementation of governance tools, monitoring, management control, environmental impact measurement, analysis of financial objectives, etc. and, where applicable, representation of VIRIDIS at the level of the board of directors of the companies.
- Management of the disinvestment phase, defending in the best interests of VIRIDIS.
- Participation, with the other members of the team, in starting new “green” initiatives, after studies and exploration of relevant and adapted technologies in Lebanon; participation in the transformation of these initiatives into viable projects and looking for entrepreneurs able to carry them.
- Structuring of VIRIDIS investment activity, development of a roadshow, the establishment of a fund set up and implementation of a financing plan; fundraising for VIRIDIS and/or research of Limited Partners (LPs) interested in investing in VIRIDIS, and trading with these LPs.
- In general, all employees of the Foundation are involved in all activities and initiatives of the Foundation, including those of the Chair and Citizen Cafés.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- A university degree in finance, economics or business management is required, a Master / MBA is preferable.
- Private equity / Venture capital experience is pre-requisite. Knowledge of the world of SMEs and Start-ups (via an experience in the bank, in a consulting or audit box, etc.) would be very useful, combined with the ability to support project leaders in their strategic thinking as well. the establishment of good governance and monitoring and control tools.
- A sensitivity to environmental issues / sustainable development in Lebanon is essential.
- Desired financial skills: training in finance, management or management; skills in financial projections, development and critique of business plans, simulations and calculations of profitability, legal-financial arrangements, use of standard accounting software and Excel.
- A knowledge of corporate law would also be very useful (legal follow-up of companies, negotiation of shareholder agreements, taxation, etc.).
- A personal network to develop a deal-flow of green projects, but also to promote the actions of the Foundation and give it visibility would also be highly appreciated.
- A personal faculty to work in a team and under pressure, manage projects, establish and meet deadlines.
Please apply online via the form below, or send your details, cover letter, and CV to email@example.com
|Job Category||Career Viridis|
|Languages||Fluency in French, English and Arabic|
|Team leading||Managing a small team of five to six people. Very close cooperation between the members of the team on the different topics and issues dealt with|
|Location||This post is based in Beirut, Lebanon|
|Proposed Compensation||Depends on the profile and experience of the applicant|